About RandyÂ Scherck
Randy has more than 30 years of experience representing businesses, banks and financial institutions in diverse corporate matters, as well as extensive experience litigating and negotiating actions in bankruptcy and state court.
Randy also represents clients in corporate and real estate matters, including litigation relating to these areas. He has prosecuted, defended and arbitrated a variety of commercial actions involving breach of contract, equipment leases and revolving charge agreements and worked with businesses to enforce indemnity agreements, contracts, non-compete agreements and promissory notes. Randy has also drafted notes, security agreements, corporate formation documents, partnership agreements and LLC articles of organization. His transactional experience includes negotiating and documenting the purchase of sale of stock and assets of various businesses and conducting closings of real estate and loan transactions for residential and commercial property.
Randy regularly represents primarily creditors in a full array of bankruptcy proceedings, including Chapter 7, 11, and 13. He has represented secured creditors in obtaining lift stay, reclamation actions, objecting to and litigating disputes involving plans of reorganization. He also secures the highest possible recovery and payment for secured creditors, primarily for financial institutions.
He regularly assists leading financial institutions in connection with loan enforcement actions including foreclosures of commercial and residential real property in Missouri and Southern Illinois. Furthermore, Randy was an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, Commercial Section, and has served as an arbitrator in numerous commercial disputes involving individuals, businesses and financial institutions.
Randyâ€™s varied litigation experience includes defending title companies in a variety of claims asserted on policies including fraud, defending employers on wrongful discharge actions and prosecuting and defending disputes involving ownership interests and values of business entities and their assets as well as extensive litigation involving condominium developers and associations.
Areas of Practice
- Contract Drafting and Review
- Creditor’s Rights
- Equipment Leasing
- Real Estate
- Sher Corwin Winters LLC
- Of Counsel (12/15/16 â€“ Present)
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Partner (1998 â€“ 12/15/16)
- Casserly Jones PC
- Partner (1996 â€“ 1998)
- Lashly & Baer, PC
- Partner (1988 â€“ 1996)
- Brackman, Copeland, Oetting, Copeland, Schmidt & Stock
- Associate (1985 â€“ 1988)
- Kramer & Frank, P.C.
- Associate (1983 â€“ 1985)
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, J.D., 1983,Â Order of Barristers
- Trinity College, Hartford, CT,Â B.S., 1980
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Your Customer Files or Is About to File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: What Do You Do and What Will Happen?, ACC â€“ St. Louis Chapter, 2009
- Executory Contracts and Franchise Agreements in Bankruptcy, BAMSL, 1994
- Effect of Tenant Bankruptcy, International Council of Shopping Centers, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Honors and Awards
- Martindale HubbellÂ® AV
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
Randy Scherck’sÂ assistant is Hannah Trucano