About Mike Hart
Mike is a founding member of Sher Corwin Winters, where he maintains a general civil litigation and corporate practice. Mike has been a trial lawyer for over thirty years, having been the lead litigator in numerous jury trials and appellate matters. He has represented clients before state and federal trial courts and appellate courts, administrative tribunals and in arbitrations. In any matter or case, Mikeâ€™s philosophy is to consult with the client to determine the clientâ€™s goals and objectives and develop practical and effective ways to accomplish the clientâ€™s goals.
Before forming Sher Corwin Winters, Mike was a partner at Peper Martin Jensen Maichel & Hetlage, which later became Blackwell Sanders Peper Martin.
Mike is actively involved in a variety of bar and community activities. He is knowledgeable about the St. Louis metropolitan area, and has experience in all local courts.
Areas of Practice
Mike has litigation experience practice encompasses all areas of civil litigation. He has significant experience in employment, construction and securities cases. Mike has tried many securities, construction and union contracts arbitrations to decision. He also has represented municipalities and governmental entities.
Mediator and Arbitrator.
Mike is an active and effective mediator and has helped parties settle scores of cases of all kinds. Mike has also been selected by parties to serve as their arbitrator.
Mike has represented different organizations in business matters, including zoning changes, real estate purchases, corporate organization and contract negotiation (including union contracts).
- University of Missouri â€“ Kansas City, MO, J.D. with distinction; Order of Bench and Robe; Law Review, 1979
- University of Missouri â€“ St. Louis, B.A. cum laude, 1973
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- U. S. Navy
- Active Duty: May, 1973 – August, 1976; Assignments included Assistant Base Security Officer, NAS, Corpus Christi, Texas; 1st Lt., USS Agerholm (DD-826), San Diego, CA.
- Reserve Duty: January, 1972 – May, 1973 (E-2); August, 1976 â€“ 1996; assignments include XO, USS Ajax (DET 218), XO/CO NWS, Concord, CA (DET 1418); CO, USS Fresno (LST 1182) (DET 218).
- Rank: Commander
- Developed professionalism and team assignments for Deck Department that was implemented in squadron to increase morale and decrease unauthorized absences of young sailors.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Bar Association of St. Louis, previously chairman of a number of committees
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Member, Missouri Bar Disciplinary Committee, Region XI (formerly 22nd Judicial Circuit Bar Disciplinary Committee), 1995-2002
- John Marshall Attorney’s Club, Board of Directors, 1990-1998
Honors and Recognitions
- Best LawyersÂ® in America
- Martindale HubbellÂ®Â AV Preeminent
- Missouri Super LawyersÂ®
- Who’s Who in American LawÂ®
- Member, Our Lady of Lourdes, various committees since 1985
- Member American Legion, Naval Reserve Association
- Friends of Steinberg Skating Rink, Board of Directors, 1988-1993
- CBC High School Parentâ€™s Club
- Chaminade High School Fatherâ€™s Club
Mike Hartâ€™s assistant is Amy Herbergs