The following is a sample listing of the cases David has recently handled:
- Settled a medical malpractice case involving the misdiagnosis of a 2 Â˝ year old childâ€™s ankle infection against a local hospital for $250,000.
- Settled a medical malpractice case involving the failure of rural county doctor to diagnose a pulmonary embolism in a 17 year old girl for $180,000.
- Successfully recovered policy limits of $1,000,000 from clientâ€™s insurance company that had denied coverage.
- Obtained judgment following jury trial in Gasconade County for $110,000 for the infliction of emotional distress committed by reckless surgeon who stuck client nurse with a dirty needle in the operating room. Believed to be the largest verdict in Gasconade County in the last 10 years.
- Settled premises liability case for $250,000 for client that was struck by a car in defendantâ€™s car repair shop.
- Settled case against trucking company for $650,000 for injuries sustained by clients who were riding in car that struck a tractor trailer that had pulled out in front of them while leaving defendantâ€™s terminal.
- Settled a wrongful death burn case for $800,000 when a gas heater exploded.
- Settled a medical malpractice case for $650,000 when surgeon negligently cut a major artery while performing a hernia repair.
- Settled a product liability case for $500,000 where a construction machine ran over clientâ€™s foot.
- Settled for $350,000 a case where client tripped on a hotel dance floor during a wedding reception.
- Achieved a $95,000 verdict for client who slipped on ice while working.
- Settled for $350,000 where client was unloading boxes from his truck and injured shoulder because the boxes were inappropriately labeled and placed on the wrong shelf.
- Co-counsel in patent infringement case filed in the Eastern District of Missouri.
Participated in the first ever Markman hearing in this court.
- On the first day of trial settled a breach of a partnership agreement of a start-up grain
brokerage company for $800,000.
- Successfully handled appeal in Missouri Supreme Court involving important issues of
venue in the City of St. Louis for medical malpractice case.
- On the sixth day of trial settled tortious interference and breach of contract case on
behalf of client and against major national retail chain for $1,800,000.
- Co-counsel in case against investment advisor that resulted in a $3,000,000
settlement on behalf of customer of advisor due to substantial investment losses.
- Obtained judgment following jury verdict for $6,500,000 in federal court for the
Southern District of Illinois on behalf of terminated distributors of multi-national
medical device company.
- Won summary judgment in federal court in Trademark case on behalf of client
accused of misappropriation of competitorâ€™s mark.
Numerous other automobile, personal injury, consumer fraud, and product liability cases.