About Brad Winters
Brad is an AV rated attorney and is listed in Best LawyersÂ® and Super LawyersÂ®. He is a 2014 Distinguished Alumnus of the Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, and has tried commercial and personal injury lawsuits all over the country.
Before forming Sher Corwin Winters, Brad was a partner at global firm SNR Denton (formerly, Sonnenschein, Nath & Rosenthal) and at St. Louis-based Thompson Coburn.
Areas of Practice
Brad is an experienced litigator in a variety of personal injury, patent, labor, construction, class action, product liability, land use, FELA and complex tort cases. Â He has tried cases to successful verdicts for companies, cities and individuals all over the United States.
- Commercial cases of all kind including trade secret, labor and employment, and Construction.
- Patent and Trademark cases involving fiber-optic technology, consumer products, industrial equipment, viral vectors, motorcycle designs and furniture designs.
- Orthopedic, repetitive trauma, closed head, pulmonary and hearing loss injuries.
- Chemical exposure, elevator, consumer product, handgun, auto, ATV/UTV and asbestos.
Brad is an active and effective mediator and has helped parties settle scores of cases of all kinds in Missouri, New York, California and Colorado.
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, J.D., Order of Barristers, 1981
- Trinity University, San Antonio, TX, B.S. 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chairman, US Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2015
- St. Louis Menâ€™s Group Against Cancer
Honors and Recognitions
- Distinguished Alumnus, Washington University School of Law
- Best Lawyers in AmericaÂ®Â
- Martindale HubbellÂ®AV Preeminent
- Missouri Super LawyersÂ®
- â€śTop Lawyers in St. Louis,â€ť St. Louis Magazine
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Brad is a frequent guest speaker on legal ethics and trial practice.
- The 48 Secret Rules of Lawyering.
- And Good Luck to Both of You. Model Rule 1.8. Lawyers in business with, and doing business with, their clients.
- To Dream the Impossible Dream. Lawyers and Unwaivable Conflicts. A Primer on conflicts under the Model Rules of Professional Responsibility.
- A Far, Far Better Thing. A Primer on confidentiality under the Model Rules of Professional Responsibility.
- Effective Opening Statements.
- Why Lawyers Argue About Opening Statement.
- You Bet Your License! An Ethical Game Show with Valuable Prizes and Horrifying Consequences.
- From Hotmail to Hot Water. The High Cost of Free E-Mail.
- Building Your Career.
- The Tao of Lawyering.
- Welcome to the Bar.
- The Worldâ€™s Greatest Single Deposition Question.
- Do as I Say, Not as I Did. An inventory of rookie lawyer mistakes worth avoiding.
- New Tools for Cross Examination.
- A Dozen (or so) Things that Every Lawyer Should Know About the Rules of Professional Responsibility. Rules 1.01 to 1.09.
- Hey, We Got Rules About Things Like That!
Brad Wintersâ€™s assistant is Lauren Budde